Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ñaña






If you would ask me about the best part of my site, apart from the beautiful landscape, I would have to say the people. I´m getting to know more of them poco a poco. It helps to have a family that is related to about 60% of the town, which is only 140 families or so in total. Here people refer to each other brother and sister. My favorite is the affectionate term used for sister, ñaña, because my 2 year-old cousin, Rodrigo, calls me that now. He used to be scared of me. For a couple days, he would shyly hide his eyes when I was around. Now he points to me and says ñaña really loud with a big smile. My family says he even knocks on my door when he comes to visit when I am gone.

Here are pictures of Rodrigo (who we call Yagnur), my other cousins, Carol, John Marcos and Mario, and my host siblings, Lorena and Adrian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home