Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Site Visit 1: Huarez




Recently, all the Peru Peace Corps trainees went on their site visits. Since I am in the environmental group, I had the opportunity to go to the department of Ancash to visit volunteers there and do some exploring. Note: The top photos are Huarez. The bottom are Ranrahirca, where we stayed with a business volunteer named Doug.

I should have taken some photos in California Cafe or Cafe Andino because they were the places where I ended up spending most of my time during my first full day in Huarez. We met an insane amount of Peace Corps volunteers there. Sometimes it´s nice to gather where there is good coffee and bagels. I had French toast with maple syrup for my second breakfast. My first was half of a pitcher of fresh pineapple juice and a cheese empanada at a more Peruvian joint. Later on in my visit, I bought a nice woven bag and a set of panpipes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home