Sunday, June 18, 2006

Typical day

The seasons are changing here. The leaves are drying, the combi´s (buses) are running, and the nights are getting chillier. I have also decided to make myself busier by teaching each day in a different school. This provides opportunities for meeting new people and hopefully inspiring kids to learn more about the dry forest and perhaps a little bit about the gringa that has come to live in Rica Playa.

The other day, as I sat on a couch at 6 am waiting for classes to start in Oidor, the tv announced that the high of the day would be 29 degrees and the low would be 20. The highs for me included meeting a couple Americans my age that were crazy enough to try to arrive at the national park using local transportation, sending back my new bike to my site, making flowers out of cloth, and watching a bunch of elementary students chase each other while pretending to be mountain lions, deer, and grass. The low points could have been the moments when I remembered how busy my day had been and that I woke up at 4:30am. That´s what my life is like at this point though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home